Monday 20 September 2010

i would like breakfast at tiffanys please...

I've been researching Audrey Hepburn for a film studies project at college, if you can truly call relaxing and endulging in old films and food 'research', and I found myself delving into the world of silver screen beautys and vintage fashion. Audrey Hepburn's most iconic role I'd have to say is Holly Golightly the classic Breakfast at Tiffanys and that's where my heart has now been captured until further notice. I felt it wasn't a typical love story, there were twists, deceit, lies, greed and spurts of very comical dialogue tangled up in the plot which yes, made it interesting to watch but not particularly romantic or dreamy like most have said to me in the past. I feel it's been tagged such a magical creation for it's hauntingly beautiful couture, fashion and costume design, I truly believe that's where the real romance lies.




Givenchy is whom we have to thank for the elegant dresses that draped Hepburns petite frame throughout the majority of the film, each gown fitted Hepburn perfectly as if created for her and her only. One dress in particular, the oh so perfect LBD (little black dress) seen at the beginning of the film, was auctioned off for over £400,000 for charity proving that fashion is not just the garments you see but it's the people who wear them. I can't say Givenchy could've got away with selling that LBD for anymore than the £70,000 everybody was expecting it to be sold for at the auction without Audrey Hepburns timeless mark on it...




possibly the best project i've done yet.

 




2 comments:

  1. I just read your message! thk you so much for the blog roll, the following and everything! I would love to put your adress on m blog roll and following you. You writing is very good and for sure your new blog have to be promot.
    I'm just at work everyday but for sure I'll follow u soon (try to do it tomorrow:) keep in touch xx
    newyorkaises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's okay, i love your blog

    It's totally honest and genuinly interesting, wouldn't follow if I didnt think so :)

    and thanks, I'm just hoping it'll all pick up on this blog like my old one!!

    deffo keep in touch xoxo

    ReplyDelete